Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- When you register with the Roger Scruton website, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
The Contract Between Us
- Any contract for purchases made through the website will be with Horsell’s Morsell’s Limited T/a Horsell’s Farm Enterprises (HFE), Company Registration No: 03767488. Registered Office: Sundays Hill Farm, Sundays Hill, Brinkworth, CHIPPENHAM, Wiltshire, SN15 5AS, GBR.
- HFE must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Once payment has been received HFE will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your registration form. The shipment email will include your name, the order number and the total price. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- We are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
Withdrawal by You from the Contract
If you are an individual you may withdraw from the contract. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
Exchange and Refund Policy Terms and Conditions
HFE is happy to exchange or refund your items on presentation of a valid receipt. Goods must be returned within 60 days of purchase or receipt (whichever is the later) and be in perfect condition in their original packaging.
Your right to an exchange of faulty/damaged items has a return period greater than 60 days in accordance with your statutory rights. We will refund to your original payment method.
Availability of Goods You Order
In some circumstances, we may place a limit on the number of copies of a particular book or product, or series of books or products, that you can order. This may, for example, be where we have limited stocks of a particular book or product, whether caused by limitations placed on us by our suppliers. Where we are aware of this, we will notify you prior to an order being made. If a book is out of stock, the website will show this detail, back orders are not permitted. Should you wish to be notified when a book is back in stock, please contact us and we will endeavor to do so.
Delivery of Goods to You
- HFE will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give us at the time you make your order. For goods delivered outside of the UK, the consignee (i.e. the person to whom the consignment is sent) will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. The consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the UK, please note that your consignment may be subject to other taxes, customs duties and/or fees levied by the destination country. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that we have no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. We recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order.
This is as follows:
- If the goods delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, HFE shall have no liability to you unless you notify us of the problem.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, HFE shall have no liability to you unless you notify us. (Please note worldwide delivery can vary from the 30 days)
- HFE will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising. HFE shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods.
HFE shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. We shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
We are providing this site and its contents on an 'as is' basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither Horsell’s Morsells Ltd nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Horsell’s Morsells Ltd.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of HFE, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with HFE or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of Horsell’s Morsells Ltd is strictly prohibited.
In these Terms and Conditions:-
- 'Horsell’s Farm Enterprises'(HFE) means, Horsell’s Farm Enterprises of Sundays Hill Farm, Sundays Hill, Brinkworth, CHIPPENHAM, Wiltshire, SN15 5AS, GBR, any connected organisation that actually supplies goods ordered by you and any successor to its business.
- 'working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays.
- 'us' means Horsell’s Farm Enterprises and you together; and
- 'you' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these Terms and Conditions.